Do you feel that your HTC One M8 battery life is not what it used to be? Is your phone running out of power constantly before the day is over?
Don't worry; there's an easy solution. Calibrating the HTC One M8 battery can help extend its lifespan. This post will instruct you on calibrating and optimizing an HTC One M8 battery for maximum performance. This will also give you some important things and features about the HTC One M8 device and extend the battery life for maximum performance.
Table of Contents
- Best Features of HTC One M8
- Disadvantages of owning an HTC One M8
- Causes of HTC One M8 battery problem
- Ways to HTC One M8 battery calibration
- Tips on saving HTC One battery
- My HTC One M8 won't turn on. What could be the problem?
- Can I change the battery of the HTC One M8 myself?
- How does a reset work on HTC One M8?
- What are the reasons for a reset?
Best Features of HTC One M8
The HTC One M8 is the successor to last year's hit device, the HTC One. It has a beautiful 5-inch screen with a 4-megapixel main lens and includes a brand new depth sensor above it that can create enhanced photo effects.
Design and Display
The HTC One M8 is simple, an all-metal unibody, slim, about 9.35mm thick, and has a sleek design. It's not like the other popular smartphones with big screens that don't extend to the corners; it features two plastic panels on either side of the display, so when dropped, they help keep any shock from reaching your phone screen.
The back of the device is sturdy and metal, which prevents it from getting scratched. The raised ridges around the camera lenses protect them when you lay your phone down on a desk without scratching or damaging anything that's in its path.
The HTC One M8 is built to last with its durable body, strong internals, and lovely design. It comes with a large 2600mAh Li-polymer battery pack that could power the phone with impressive 20-hour battery life.
The HTC One M8 comes equipped with two front-facing speakers that produce a beautiful sound and are perfect for listening to music.
With HTC's front-facing Boomsound speakers, you get the clearest speakerphone experience of any smartphone on the market. Why? Because they actually aim at your face and not away as other phones do.
The powerful headphone amp in the HTC One M8 allows you to feel every bass note with clarity with any compatible pair.
Power Saving Mode
The HTC One M8 has a built-in power-saving feature that will help extend the battery life by up to 90%. You can activate this mode when you need more juice.
Perfect for selfies
The HTC One M8 has a dual front-facing camera, which is perfect for taking selfies. You can adjust the level of exposure to look your best; this way, there's no need to take multiple shots to get one good photo.
The HTC One takes the best selfies out there, with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera that captures more people than most other cameras.
The HTC One has a second camera above the main one for capturing depth information. This lets you take photos with many cool features, including focusing and editing them after taking them.
You'll never go wrong with a way to show off your best pictures ever again with HTC Gallery. The app automatically sorts and displays every photo you take by time, place, and more so that all the memories from any given event are right there in one convenient location; plus, it creates highlight videos of up to five minutes long just using photos taken on its device.
Stylish dotted case
The HTC One M8 comes with a stylish dotted case that's perfect for protecting your device. HTC's new Dot View Case has a sensor that switches the phone into an excellent mode where you can receive calls and see alerts without opening up your case.
HTC One M-series smartphones come with HTC Feeds, which aggregates all your favorite social media sites into one place. You can customize what feeds you want to follow and arrange them in any way you like so they're easier for you to navigate.
HTC One M8 is perfect for people looking for a phone with the newest technology, razor-sharp sound on high-definition speakers, and plenty of in-built storage.
It's also perfect for those looking to get away from Samsung, or LG phones, as it has a design that catches the eye. It's easily one of the top phones in its class today.
Disadvantages of owning an HTC One M8
The battery can't be removed; consequently, its internals are not upgradeable, resulting in a quick decline in phone quality.
This series is an excellent phone, but it's not quite as water-resistant.
Causes of HTC One M8 battery problem
-The HTC One M8 is one of the most sophisticated and technologically advanced devices that we have today. Needless to say, it can drain your battery life with ease if you're not careful about how often you use them in day-to-day tasks such as turning on Bluetooth or data roaming. If these features are left activated for an extended period, then they will gobble up all available power sources quickly, which could potentially cause a dead phone before its time.
- The charger or cable that you are using could also be faulty. If this happens, then you'll need to buy a new charger or cable and make sure that it's fully functional before using it.
- The battery itself could be faulty, but in order to find out for certain, you will have to take your HTC One M8 series smartphone into an authorized service center so they can confirm if its condition has deteriorated.
- The battery could be draining for other reasons, such as downloading apps or browsing the internet too much. In these cases, you'll need to make sure that your phone is plugged in and charging while using it, so it doesn't run out of power before its time.
- The battery may need to be calibrated. Calibrating the battery is a process that will ensure the battery has been correctly installed and is performing at its best.
Ways to HTC One M8 battery calibration
There are plenty of reasons for the battery drain on the HTC One M8. One is a corrupted battery that can cause unnecessary draining of power in an extremely short time span.
The basic cycle is we charge the phone to 100%, unplug from the charger, use the phone until it dies to the point of powering off, and then charge back up fully. This cycle is repeated several times.
But for some, they charge the phone right away when it reaches 40% battery life as they don't want to risk it dying before they get a chance to charge.
Battery calibration may be required when the battery cycle is broken and if the battery is no longer holding a full charge.
The simple way to recalibrate battery is by turning off the phone and charge it for a few minutes. Hold down the volume buttons while charging - keep holding them until the screen turns back on with all three buttons lit up again.
The HTC One M8 is a beautiful phone with an amazing battery. But sometimes, the battery can become unbalanced and will need to be calibrated.
Tips on saving HTC One battery
1. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use.
2. Turn down the screen brightness to save battery life.
3. Use a power-saving mode that turns off all radios except for voice calls, text messages, and email.
4. Switch to Airplane Mode if you are going on a long flight or don't need your phone during this time.
5. Check for any updates from HTC as these might improve battery performance.
6. Close apps running in the background by pressing the Home button twice quickly and then swiping them up with your finger (swipe left to right).
Frequently Asked Questions about HTC One M8
My HTC One M8 won't turn on. What could be the problem?
This is a common problem that could be due to the following:
- A low or dead battery. The power button may not work if it's drained of all its energy and needs time to recharge before being able to turn on again.
- Corrupted software, which can happen when downloading new apps from untrustworthy sources.
- Corrupted hardware, where a faulty charge port is unable to detect any charger.
It's indeed frustrating if your phone won't power on. One possible action to try is factory resetting it, which deletes all apps and settings so your device will reboot with an empty slate. If this doesn't work, you might have to call a technician who is an expert in replacing parts on the HTC One M series smartphone.
Can I change the battery of the HTC One M8 myself?
If you're feeling adventurous and have the time, it's possible to replace the battery of the HTC One M series smartphone. We don't recommend this if you are not technically inclined, as there is a risk of damaging your phone or losing data in the process.
How does a reset work on HTC One M8?
Before you do a hard reset or format, know that all the data and configuration of your HTC One M8 will be erased. Doing so is not without risk, but it should only take one step: charging to 100% before beginning with any formatting process.
What are the reasons for a reset?
There are many reasons for a reset, which can vary depending on the situation. A reset is required when it runs very slow, and the battery doesn't last as long as other models in the series. The phone is also frozen for no apparent reason sometimes, which can be frustrating when you want to use your favorite apps. There are difficulties in answering phone calls or text messages because it's not responsive.
In conclusion, HTC One M8 has a beautiful and fantastic battery that sometimes needs calibrating. You will need to calibrate the battery to avoid any future problems. It is also best to consult a technician if you feel that your phone's battery is acting up so you can get it fixed the proper way.