The iPhone XR has been one of the top-selling models since its release date on September 12, 2018. This iPhone is affordable as it features ground-breaking technologies housed in an all-screen design made of glass and aluminum. However, most iPhone fanatics want to consider its battery life before considering its designs. This blog will help you decide if the iPhone XR features and battery life are worth your investment.
Table of Contents
- Best Features of iPhone XR
- How long does an iPhone XR battery last?
- How to extend the battery life of the iPhone XR?
- Frequently Asked Questions about iPhone XR.
Best Features of iPhone XR
The iPhone XR is one of Apple’s models that comes with a 6.1-inch display with a resolution of 1792 x 828 pixels instead of the larger OLED display on other models like the iPhone Plus or higher-end models that use LCDs. The following are its detailed features:
- “Tap to wake”: The iPhone XR conveniently wakes up with the lightest touch of its screen, allowing you to view your notifications quickly without fiddling with buttons or switches.
- Swipe up to access Home Setting: The iPhone XR has no Home button. Instead, it has a swipe feature from the bottom home if you want to unlock your phone instantly at any time.
- App Switcher: This method is reliable and fast-acting even if you don’t hold it long enough to get to the app itself. To access the App Switcher, swipe up from the left edge of the screen.
- Control Center: The control center is located at the right of your screen, where you can easily control each app. You can customize this area by adding extra commands like Apple TV remote or Accessibility settings to keep your stuff in one place.
- Payment via Apple: Apple Pay is a fast and easy way to make purchases with just two taps of the side button. To use this service, lock into Face ID by looking at it while pressing down firmly, then tap twice on either “Paying,” which will take you directly to the wallet tab.
- Switch between apps: Swiping your finger on the screen instantly take you back to the app you previously used.
- Easy screenshots: The iPhone XR takes a screenshot quickly by simultaneously pressing the side and volume down buttons, saving your image automatically.
- Siri Feature: With Siri on the iPhone, you can have your voice-activated assistant bring up the information. Activate the side button, then speak into the phone to search through contacts or get turn-by-turn directions.
- Emoji Creation: Apple’s XR offers unique features like a TrueDepth camera and Face ID. One of these flagship features is Animoji, sending animations as emojis to friends in fun iMessage conversations.
- Selfie Effect: TrueDepth camera sensor allows selfies with fantastic effects. To do this, switch your camera app to Portrait mode and flip your device around. You can also tap “Edit” and use the slider at the bottom to create stunning effects.
How long does an iPhone XR battery last?
iPhone users commonly ask about how long will iPhone XR last. The iPhone XR has a 2942mAh battery. Apple claims the iPhone XR has an hour and a half longer battery life than last year’s model. This makes it lasts up to 4 hours and 35 minutes. However, the battery life of iPhone XR depends on how often you use it. If you use your iPhone more than usual, expect a shorter battery life.
How to extend the battery life of the iPhone XR?
Here are ways you can do to extend your iPhone XR battery life:
1. Update your iPhone with the latest software
Apple has a history of releasing updates to iOS, which can help improve battery life. To check if your software is up-to-date, we recommend going to Settings -> General -> Software Update on your iPhone (or iPad).
2. Lower the brightness of the screen
This will help save battery life and prevent any damage caused by excess screen glare or eye strain from being too bright for long periods. To do this, go to Settings – General -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations, then enable “Auto-brightness”.
3. Location Services
Your phone’s battery may be draining due to apps tracking your location. You can see which are enabled in Settings and disable them as desired.
4. Turn off Wi-Fi
Ensure Wi-Fi is turned off when not used, so it will not spend energy searching for other available networks and updating your internet connection.
5. Turn off background apps
Background apps consume more power and energy, so it’s best to turn them off. To do this, go to Settings -> General and scroll down until finding Background App Refresh, which can be turned on or off.
6. Turn off Bluetooth
If you’re not a frequent user of Bluetooth or GPS, turning it off can help preserve battery life. To do this, head to Settings -> Bluetooth and disable all your connections.
7. Disable Notifications
Notifications are helpful, but they also take up precious battery life. You should disable notifications from any apps that aren’t required for your day-to-day tasks.
8. Manage automatic downloads
Turn off automatic downloads on your iPhone, so it will lessen the notifications popping on your screen that spend power. To do this, go to Settings -> Your Name -> iTunes & App Store and turn “automatic download” off under Automatic Downloads.
9. Invest in a wireless charger
Invest in a wireless charger if you don’t want to keep plugging in your phone. You can charge the iPhone XR without worrying about power outlets and cheap cables.
Frequently Asked Questions about iPhone XR.
When should I replace the battery of the iPhone XR?
When the battery ages, it may require charging more frequently and not hold a charge. This means your iPhone could shut down on you anytime without warning. When a 500th complete charge is reached, it’s time for a replacement.
How long does it take to charge an iPhone XR?
The new iPhone XR can be charged up to 50% faster than previous models and includes a USB-C power adapter that offers at least 18 watts for fast charging.
How long do 50 batteries last on iPhone?
It depends on what you’re doing with your iPhone. If you’re using the phone for basic tasks such as checking email, browsing the web, and making calls, your battery will likely last at least 10 hours or more. However, if you’re using your iPhone to play games or watch videos, the battery will only last for below 10 hours.
How does the trade-in work with Apple?
Apple is always thinking about what’s best for the environment, so they partnered with a company called ReCellular which specializes in refurbishing electronics. This means any device you send them will be sorted and recycled responsibly.
Why is my iPhone XR battery draining fast?
The iPhone XR is typically software-related and stems from rogue apps, bad updates, or misconfigured settings on iOS devices. Bugs and malware are also common triggers that cause your device’s battery life to dwindle with time.
Indeed, the iPhone XR is an excellent smartphone with all the features of an expensive phone at an affordable price. If you’re considering it as your next upgrade, check out how long its battery lasts before making your decision. The iPhone XR has a 2942 mAh battery that could last up to 4 hours and 35 minutes. But remember that this depends on how frequently you use your iPhone and what apps you’re using.