The iPhone XR is a new release from Apple and one of the latest models on the market. It's a little different than most iPhones, but it has some great features that make it worth considering as your next phone.
How long does the iPhone XR battery last? It's a question that every phone owner has asked themselves at one point or another. But with so many factors influencing your phone's performance, it can be challenging to know when you need to charge up.
We have a listed here things that impact how well your iPhone XR performs on a single charge. Continue reading to find out which ones are most likely affecting your device and what you can do about it.
Table of Contents
- Best Features of iPhone XR
- How long does an iPhone XR battery last?
- How to extend the battery life of the iPhone XR?
- When should I replace the battery of the iPhone XR?
- How long does it take to charge an iPhone XR?
- How long does 50 battery last on iPhone?
- How does the trade-in work with Apple?
- Why is my iPhone XR battery draining fast?
Best Features of iPhone XR
The iPhone XR is Apple's newest and cheapest new model of the iPhone. The difference between the XS and XR is color, size, weight, and camera. It has a 6.1-inch display with a resolution of 1792x828 pixels instead of the larger OLED display on other models like the iPhone Plus or higher-end models that use LCD displays.
- Tap to wake - the iPhone XR conveniently wakes up with the lightest touch of its screen. This is a great quick way to view your notifications without fiddling around with any buttons or switches that might get in the way while you're on the go!
- Swipe up to access Home Setting - with the iPhone XR, there is no Home button. In fact, if you want to unlock your phone at any time, simply swipe up from the bottom home bar, and it will instantly open.
- App Switcher - to access the App Switcher, try swiping up from the left edge of the screen. This method is reliable and fast-acting - even if you don't hold it long enough to get to the app itself.
- Control Center - The control center is located at the right of your screen, where you can view quick and easy controls for each app. Some people might not know how to access these features, but they are just a swipe down away. Customize this area by adding extra commands like Apple TV remote or Accessibility settings so that everything will be in one place on your iOS device.
- Payment via Apple - Apple Pay is a fast and easy way to make purchases. Apple made it possible for you to pay from your phone with just two taps of the side button. To use this new service, simply lock into Face ID (on newer devices) by looking at it while pressing down firmly, then tap twice quickly on either "Paying," which will take you directly to the Wallet tab.
- Switch between apps - swiping your finger right on the screen will instantly take you back to what app you were previously using. If a particular part of an app needs more time and attention, just swipe left for all those cool features.
- Easy screenshots - the iPhone XR has a beautiful screen designed to be used without the home button. Taking a screenshot is just as easy, though - Press the side and volume down buttons simultaneously, which will save your image for later retrieval.
- Siri Feature - With Siri on the iPhone, you can have your voice-activated assistant bring up information for you with just a simple request. The Side button is used to activate it, and then all that's left for you is simply speak into the phone in order to search through contacts or get turn-by-turn directions without having anything but your own thoughts as distractions.
- Emoji Creation - Apple's newest iPhone, the XR, is more affordable than ever. It offers unique features like a TrueDepth camera and Face ID. One of these flagship features is Animoji - sending animations as emojis to friends in extremely fun iMessage conversations!
- Selfie Effect - Now that you have an iPhone with a TrueDepth camera sensor, take selfies in cool new ways. In the camera app on your phone, switch to Portrait mode and then flip your device around so it's facing away from yourself; this will give you depth effects for all of those fantastic photos. You can also make your photo even more stunning with this one easy trick. Tap on Edit when you're in the photo view and use the slider at the bottom to change how much depth effect is applied.
How long does an iPhone XR battery last?
The iPhone XR has a long-lasting battery. It features a 2942mAh battery which lasts a decent battery life when used in an area with good service and full brightness.
How long does the iPhone XR battery last? The battery life of the iPhone XR depends on how often you use it. If you are using your phone more than usual, then expect a shorter battery life.
Apple claims that the iPhone XR has an hour and a half longer battery life than last year's model. You can maximize your phone's battery by turning off certain features like Bluetooth or Location Services if they're not in use.
To charge up your phone faster, plug it into a power outlet instead of using wireless charging stations. Turning off some apps is available when not used to conserve more energy for other tasks.
How to extend the battery life of the iPhone XR?
There are tons of ways you can save your iPhone XR battery life without constantly worrying about conserving energy throughout the day.
Update the iPhone with the latest software
Apple has a history of releasing updates to iOS, and such updates can help improve battery life. To check if your software is up-to-date, we recommend going to Settings -> General -> Software Update on your iPhone (or iPad).
Lower the brightness of the screen
You should turn on Auto-Brightness so that your phone's display brightness is adjusted to suit the level of light around you. This will help save battery life and prevent any damage caused by excess screen glare or eye strain from being too bright for long periods of time. To do this, go to Settings - General -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations, then enable "Auto-brightness".
Disable Location Services
Your phone's battery may be draining due to apps tracking your location. In Settings, you can see which of these are enabled and disable them as desired.
Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off when not using it at home or other locations that offer free internet access like cafes and airports, when you need to save as much energy as possible while driving, be mindful of turning off Wi-Fi since it's not necessary when there are no signals around anyways.
Turn off background apps
When you're not using your phone, it's best to turn off any apps that are running in the background. To do this, go to Settings -> General and scroll down until finding Background App Refresh, which can be turned on or off.
Turn off Bluetooth
If you're not a pretty frequent user of Bluetooth or GPS, turning it off can help preserve battery life. To do this, head to Settings -> Bluetooth and disable all your connections from there as well.
Notifications are helpful, but they also take up precious battery life. You should disable notifications from any apps that aren't required for your day-to-day tasks.
Manage automatic downloads
If you would like to save battery life and limit your data usage, then turning off automatic downloads is one way that might help. If you buy an app with iTunes or from within another iOS device like a Macbook Air- it automatically gets downloaded onto all of them! That's handy when most people use more than just their phone for these things but at least disable what doesn't matter so much by going into Settings -> Your Name -> iTunes & App Store and turn "automatic download" off under Automatic Downloads.
Invest in a wireless charger
If you don't want to keep plugging in your phone, invest in a wireless charger. That way, you can charge the iPhone XR without having to worry about power outlets and cables.
Frequently Asked Questions about iPhone XR.
When should I replace the battery of the iPhone XR?
When the battery starts to get old, it may require charging more frequently and not hold a charge as well. This means that your iPhone could shut down on you at any time without warning. When a 500th complete charge is reached, then it's definitely time for a replacement.
How long does it take to charge an iPhone XR?
The new iPhone XR is the latest in Apple's cutting-edge line of smartphones. It can be charged up to 50% faster than previous models and includes a USB-C power adapter that offers at least 18 watts for fast charging.
How long does 50 battery last on iPhone?
It depends on what you're doing with your iPhone. If you're just using the phone for basic tasks such as checking email, browsing the web, and making calls, then it's likely that your battery will last for at least 10 hours or more. However, if you're using your iPhone to play games or watch videos, then the battery will only last for below 10 hours.
How does the trade-in work with Apple?
Apple has been at the forefront of recycling efforts for years. They've created an entire program that allows people to trade in their old devices and receive credit toward new Apple products or services instead.
Apple is always thinking about what's best for the environment, so they partnered with a company called ReCellular which specializes in refurbishing electronics. This means any device you send them will be sorted and recycled responsibly - not thrown out haphazardly like at many other companies.
Why is my iPhone XR battery draining fast?
It might be challenging to pinpoint the culprit with a wide range of causes for battery draining problems. It is typically software-related and often stems from rogue apps, bad updates, or misconfigured settings on iOS devices. Bugs and malware are also common triggers that cause your device's battery life to dwindle with time.
To conclude, the iPhone XR is an excellent smartphone with all the features of an expensive phone at an affordable price. If you're considering it as your next upgrade, check out how long its battery lasts before making your decision.
It is also best to know that the iPhone XR battery will last depending on what you do with your phone. If you're an avid gamer or use social media often, for example, then battery life may be more important to you than someone who mainly uses their phone for texting.