If you're like many drivers, you probably hate the feeling of getting in your car and having to manually unlock it. Wouldn't it be okay if there was a way to avoid that? Well, with a few simple steps, you can replace the battery in your Toyota Corolla or Camry key fob! It's an easy process that will save some time and frustration for both you and your vehicle.
Table of Contents
How to change the battery in a Toyota Corolla and Camry key fob?
The Toyota Corolla and Camry key fob batteries are not hard to replace. It takes about ten minutes or less with the right tools. The most important part of the process is getting the correct replacement battery for your key fob model.
Replacing the battery in the Toyota Corolla Key Fob:
- Get a small screwdriver to pry apart the key fob case into halves by inserting the tip of the screwdriver in a small indentation near the key fob ring handle. Twist the cover gently and be careful not to do any permanent damage. The cover should come off easily, revealing the compartment where the battery is located and sealed in a small plastic container/casing.
- Pull off the clip on one side of this plastic case to pry it apart.
- Remove the old battery and replace it with a new one by inserting it into place. Make sure to insert the new battery in the right orientation. The side with the + sign should be facing upwards. This key fob uses a CR2016 lithium battery.
- Realign the clear plastic back into its case by snapping it gently and then insert this piece back in place. Make sure that the buttons in your key fob are placed in the correct order and not upside down.
- As for the final step, get the back cover of the key fob and snap it off gently to the front cover firmly.
Replacing the battery in the Toyota Camry Key Fob:
- First, remove the emergency key from the fob by holding the small release button, pull out the key, and set aside.
- You can use the flat head screwdriver or the tip of the emergency key to pry apart the fob case. Do this gently because you don't want to crack the plastic housing or casing.
- Once you have opened up the case, gently pull out the battery with the help of a little screwdriver by carefully lifting it from the edge.
- Once you have popped out the battery, insert a new CR2032 coin cell battery. The positive side of the battery must be facing up, and it can be inserted by pressing gently on top with your finger or thumb until it's secure. When inserting your new battery into your key fob, make sure that they are inserted correctly according to polarity marks on them; otherwise, you might break this little device.
- Before reattaching the cover case, make sure that the rubber grommet fits in the compartment. Put the cover back and make sure it snugly fits into place.
- You can now push the emergency key back in securely and test your new Toyota Camry Key Fob. You should have a fully functional car key again.
How to start the Toyota car with a dead battery in the key fob?
If your Toyota key fob battery is almost dead and unable to automatically start the car from inside your purse or pocket, you can attempt to press on the brake pedal while placing the key fob near the start button, then push the start button. The engine will recognize the fob and attempt to start the car.
If this didn't work, then you will have to resort to other methods that require more work on your part or cost money from a mechanic. To avoid these from happening in the future, it is important that you get into a routine of changing up your key fob's battery the first time it starts to become weak.
Toyota key fobs are your gateway to your car, and if they lose their ability to function, you will have a hard time accessing the vehicle. It is always best to change up your car key fob battery when it starts to get weak. A new battery should be able to last up to three years in most cases before needing a change again.
We hope that this post article provides you useful information on Toyota key fob battery replacement best practices, including when to replace it and how you can do the job yourself with ease.