Have you been in situations where your Apple Magic Mouse runs out of batteries, and you need to change them quickly? If so, this article is for you. Whether it be for home or work purposes, we all know that sometimes the best-laid plans go awry, and we're left scrambling to find things like extra AA batteries. So if you ever found yourself in such a bind, read on to learn how to change the battery on an Apple Magic Mouse.
Table of Contents
How to change batteries on an Apple Magic Mouse?
The Apple Magic Mouse is a sleek, stylish mouse that fits right in the palm of your hand. It has a lot of features to offer, and it's one of the best devices on the market today. But like any other device with moving parts, there will come a time when you'll need to change batteries. Follow these instructions on how to change batteries on an Apple Magic Mouse.
Step 1: Be sure to turn off the mouse before changing the batteries. This is done by sliding the small circular button at the back of the mouse. The green light above it will be deactivated.
Step 2: Locate the black tab at the bottom part of the mouse and slide it down. This will release the cover and will reveal the batteries. If the cover doesn't come off, try using a thin object to pry the cover open. Be careful not to damage the inner parts.
Step 3: Once you have removed the cover, take out both batteries from their compartment with your finger gently prying them out. Make sure to dispose of these properly at an appropriate disposal facility since they contain corrosive chemicals, which can be harmful if left unchecked. Replace these with 2 AA batteries and make sure to follow the "+" and "-" directions on the new batteries when inserting them in place.
Step 4: Return the cover back where it belongs, and be sure to press it down gently until you hear a click.
Step 5: Turn on the mouse by sliding up that circular button. The green light will appear that signifies the device is turned on.
How to check the battery percentage of an Apple Magic Mouse?
Checking the battery percentage of an Apple Magic Mouse is important as you will be able to plan when to change them. This process is pretty simple. You can follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the Magic Mouse is connected to your Mac.
- Click the Apple Menu icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on 'System Preferences' then look for the 'Mouse' icon.
- Locate the 'Mouse battery level' tab at the bottom left corner of the current window (a battery icon is your clue). This icon will show the battery life percentage of your mouse.
Why is the Apple Magic Mouse not working after battery replacement?
If the mouse is not working after replacing the batteries, you may have to do the following:
- Recheck the batteries if they are installed correctly. Try using a different set of batteries and see if the mouse responds.
- If you are sure that both batteries are installed correctly, try to check for any dust, dirt, or other odd stuff that might be inside of the battery compartment and then clean it.
- Check if Bluetooth is turned on. If the Bluetooth is off, check if it can be enabled, and then try to use your mouse once more.
- Try resetting the Apple Magic Mouse and see if this will solve the problem.
- If the issue continues, go to Apple's website and download their Mouse Support Assistant, which will help troubleshoot any other hardware issues you may be having with your Magic Mouse. Or contact Apple Support directly so they could further investigate this problem for you.
Apple Magic Mouse is a wireless mouse designed to work with Apple devices. This device can be used for both gaming and office purposes as it offers an intuitive way of navigating through various functions on the computer system.
The battery life in this mouse is also very good, which means you won't need to worry about constantly changing batteries or finding replacements when they run out. As such, if your battery percentage starts dropping below 5%, then we recommend replacing the old one with a new one before continuing working on any task at hand! Do not wait until the battery runs out to replace it, as this will cause serious damage to your mouse, which can be very frustrating if you need to use it right away.
Be sure to use the recommended batteries when replacing the old ones. You can check the manual that comes with your device or the Apple store near you for a better understanding of the suitable batteries for your Apple Magic Mouse.