Are you having trouble starting your 2013 Ford Focus? Is your battery showing signs of wear and tear? It might be time to replace your battery. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of changing the battery in your 2013 Ford Focus.
What size battery does a 2013 Ford Focus use?
The 2013 Ford Focus uses a Group 58R battery. This type of battery is a lead-acid battery with a reserve capacity of 100 minutes and a cold cranking amp rating of 500. It’s important to use the correct size and type of battery to ensure the best performance and fit for your vehicle.
What battery goes into a Ford Focus?
When replacing the battery in your Ford Focus, it’s important to use a battery that meets the manufacturer’s specifications. In addition to the Group 58R battery, other compatible batteries include the Motorcraft BXT-58, the Bosch S6585B, and the Duralast Gold 58-DLG. It’s always best to consult your owner’s manual or a certified mechanic to ensure you’re using the correct battery.
How do you change the battery in a 2013 Ford Focus?
Replacing the battery in your 2013 Ford Focus is a relatively simple process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Turn off your vehicle and make sure the key is out of the ignition.
- Open the hood and locate the battery. It’s located on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Remove the negative battery cable first. Use a wrench to loosen the nut and then gently pull the cable off the terminal.
- Remove the positive battery cable next in the same manner.
- Use a battery wrench to remove the battery hold-down clamp.
- Carefully lift the battery out of the engine compartment and set it aside.
- Place the new battery in the same location as the old battery.
- Reinstall the battery hold-down clamp and tighten it securely.
- Connect the positive battery cable first and then the negative battery cable. Make sure the cables are securely fastened to the terminals.
- Close the hood and start your vehicle to ensure the battery is working properly.
What is the Ford Focus reset procedure after battery change?
After changing the battery in your Ford Focus, you may need to perform a reset procedure to ensure all the systems are working properly. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off all accessories in your vehicle.
- Turn off your vehicle and remove the key from the ignition.
- Wait at least 30 seconds before reconnecting the battery cables.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable first and then the positive battery cable.
- Turn on your vehicle and let it idle for at least one minute.
- Turn off the vehicle and wait 10 seconds before starting it again.
Following these steps will help reset your vehicle’s systems and ensure proper performance.
In conclusion, replacing the battery in your 2013 Ford Focus is a simple process that can be done with a few basic tools. Remember to use the correct size and type of battery, consult your owner’s manual or a certified mechanic, and perform the reset procedure to ensure optimal performance.