If you own a 2003 Ford Focus, it’s important to know all the details about the battery that powers your vehicle. From the type of battery to use and how to replace it, to the cost of getting a new one. In this article, we’ll cover all the essential information about the 2003 Ford Focus battery. Keep reading to learn more about this integral part of your car and how to keep it running smoothly.
What kind of battery goes in a 2003 Ford Focus?
If you own a 2003 Ford Focus, you’ll likely need a Group 58R battery. This battery has the dimensions of 9.38 x 7.5 x 6.88 inches, and a cranking amp rating of 490.
What battery does Ford use?
Ford typically uses Motorcraft batteries, which are specifically designed for Ford vehicles. These batteries are high-quality and reliable, ensuring that your vehicle runs smoothly and efficiently.
How to replace battery in Ford Focus?
Replacing the battery in your Ford Focus is a relatively easy process that you can do yourself with just a few tools. Here are the steps:
1. Make sure the engine is turned off and the key is removed from the ignition.
2. Open the hood of your car and locate the battery.
3. Use a wrench to loosen the nut that holds the negative cable to the battery terminal.
4. Remove the negative cable from the battery and set it aside.
5. Repeat the same process for the positive cable.
6. Use a wrench to remove the hold-down clamp that keeps the battery in place.
7. Lift the battery out of the car and set it aside.
8. Place the new battery in the same position as the old one and tighten the hold-down clamp.
9. Reconnect the positive cable first and then the negative cable.
10. Turn on the engine and check to make sure everything is working properly.
How much to replace the battery in my Ford Focus?
The cost of replacing the battery in your Ford Focus will depend on a few factors such as the type of battery you choose and where you get it replaced. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $250 for a new battery and installation.
In conclusion, knowing the right kind of battery for your 2003 Ford Focus is vital to ensuring your vehicle runs smoothly. Regularly maintaining your battery and replacing it when necessary can save you costly repairs down the road. By following these simple steps, you can easily replace your battery and get back on the road in no time!