The PS4 controller is an awesome accessory that can be used to play games on your PlayStation 4 or even remotely in some cases. It's important for you to know when the battery life of a controller has gotten low because it will affect gameplay and cause frustration. This article will guide and help you learn how to check the battery life of a PS4 controller. It will take two easy steps, and then you'll be able to see how much charge is left.
Table of Contents
- How to check the battery life of a PS4 Controller?
- How to save the battery life in a PS4 Controller?
- Is it okay if the DS4 controller gets overcharged?
- What battery does PS4 DualShock Controller use?
How to check the battery life of a PS4 Controller?
Playstation 4 is one of the most popular video game consoles that has been created in the market. This device needs a controller to play most games. However, many people don't know how to check the battery life of their controller, which can lead to them being out of juice when they need it most! Here are the two easy steps for you to know how much battery life is left in your PS4 controller.
Step 1: Go to Home Screen of the PlayStation 4, or you can also check this as well on the game by pressing down the PlayStation button on the controller. This will bring you to the Quick Menu tab.
Step 2: On the left side screen of the Quick Menu tab, scroll down the tabs up to the very bottom, and you will find the icons of your controller and the battery. The battery indicator will prompt you how much life is left in your controller.
How to save the battery life in a PS4 Controller?
PS4 is a great console for any gamer. The PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 controllers are also amazing wireless pieces of hardware, but after a while, the battery life will get used up. Once this happens, you'll start to notice that your controller runs out of juice far quicker than it did when new, and sometimes even during play sessions!
Luckily there are simple ways you can do to save a bit of your controller's battery life.
1. Change the Shut Off Time of the controller
To ensure the controller's battery lasts as long, avoid prolonged use of your controller to preserve and make sure you turn off your PS4 controller when it isn't being used. To set the shut-off time, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the PS4 Quick Menu, then select Power Saving Settings.
- Select the tab that says Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off and choose your preferred time off setting. There are four options to choose with, and they are After 10 Minutes, After 30 Minutes, After 60 Minutes, and Do Not Turn Off.
2. Adjust the Light Bar of the controller
This is one of the amazing features of the PS4 controller, you can lower down the brightness of the DualShock 4 Light Bar.
- Go to Login Settings and then look for Devices.
- Find the tab that says Brightness of DUALSHOCK 4 Light Bar and adjust the Light Bar preference either Bright, Medium, or Dim.
3. Reduce speaker volume and or turn off vibration
The controller features a speaker that produces sounds, noise while in combat and more. To save a bit of battery life, you can reduce the speaker volume.
- Once again, go to Settings, then click on the Devices tab.
- Find the tab that says Volume Control (Speaker for Controller), then set your preferred speaker volume, or you can turn off vibration mode.
Is it okay if the DS4 controller gets overcharged?
Newfound lithium-ion battery technology allows for longer life and does not have the memory limitations found in older batteries. The DS4 controller is powered by these types of batteries, perfect to use with it because you can charge them anytime without worrying about overcharging or damaging their lifespan.
It is best to charge the controllers fully while not in use, even if there are some bars left on the battery indicator.
What battery does PS4 DualShock Controller use?
DualShock Controllers use a lithium-ion battery with 2000mAh. When it comes time to replace the battery, be sure to contact your local PlayStation retailer. If you can't locate an authentic version of the battery and thinking of purchasing from a third-party retailer, be sure to check the reviews to ensure it's of good quality.
PS4 controllers are like your best friends, always there for you. As such, it is important to take care of them and make sure they last as long as possible. We hope that the information detailed and provided in this article was helpful to you and that it taught you how to monitor how much life is left in the controllers, and you have learned some tips on how to extend the battery life.