The Motorola Droid Turbo is among the best phones on the market. However, many users are experiencing battery drain issues with this device. If you are having the same problems, you may also wonder why is the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 battery draining fast. Read on to find out what might be causing these issues and how to fix them.
Table of Contents
Why is the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 battery draining fast?
The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 has one outstanding feature, and that is its battery. This device can last up to 48 hours on one single charge. Aside from its great battery life, the phone has a large screen with shatterproof technology. However, for some users, the phone has been experiencing problems with its battery draining fast. The Droid Turbo can last about a day or two on regular use without charging, but if you are having issues where it's dying before noon, then this could be an indicator of something wrong. Here are some pointers to look into if your Turbo isn't performing at 100%:
First, if the phone is dying too soon after a full charge, it's possible that there's something wrong with your battery. This can happen when you drop or bump the device, and the battery gets damaged. If this has happened to you, then it might be time for a new one as those things are only supposed to last about two years.
Second, it's possible that your Droid Turbo is infected with a virus or malware program. If your phone is not running the very latest version, then this could be happening because there isn't anything protecting you from malicious software on the web. You can check to see if something like this has happened by booting up in safe mode, where you are only able to utilize the device with pre-approved apps. If it's working fine this way, then your problem is most likely due to a virus or app that has gone rogue on your phone.
Third, you may be charging your Droid Turbo more than you should be. If you leave your phone charging overnight or while in use, then this could potentially drain the battery faster than expected. To fix this problem, try to avoid both of these scenarios by only plugging it into a power source when not in use and also only using approved chargers that came with the device.
And lastly, the way you utilize your Droid Turbo and other apps installed on it could be draining the battery faster than expected. If you are using apps like GPS, Bluetooth, and wifi or switching between them often, then this will cause your phone to drain more power and die quicker.
How to solve the battery drain issue on Motorola Droid Turbo 2?
Today's smartphones are the go-to device for most people. As a result, because people are using their phones so much, their batteries are draining quickly. To avoid inconvenience when you need your phone best, here are the solutions to the battery drain issue on Motorola Droid Turbo.
- Avoid using the phone for extreme gaming purposes while it is charging. Allow your phone to fully charge before using it. If you continue to use it while charging, it may overheat and damage the battery.
- Avoid apps that require constant location services, as this drains the battery faster than necessary. Turn off the Bluetooth and Wifi when they are not in use or try to set them on low-power mode whenever possible.
- Your phone might need a reboot to fix the draining issue. Shut down your phone and turn it on after a few minutes to see if the battery issues have been resolved.
- Adjust the brightness of the screen to a lower setting if it is too bright. This could help your phone's battery last longer throughout the day, as well as save you from potential eye strain issues.
- Replace the battery with a new and recommended one if the problem still persists. Sometimes the main issue could be the battery itself. If you have the same old battery, try replacing it with a new one to see if this helps.
If you managed to try all these fixes and your phone is still having problems, then there might be some issues going on the inside. Try backing up your data and resetting the device to its factory settings before bringing it into an authorized Motorola service center for further inspection.
How long does it need to charge a Motorola Droid Turbo phone?
The battery on a Motorola Droid Turbo phone is 3,900 mAh and can be quickly charged for 15 minutes to deliver 8 hours of usage. Just be sure to use the Turbo kit charging adapter for this phone to ensure the best performance.
If you would like to fully enjoy the benefits of your Motorola Droid Turbo 2 for a long time, it is important that you take care of its battery. A quick way to determine if your battery is draining fast would be by checking the Android OS version and screen brightness levels. You can also calibrate or replace your phone's battery. You may bring your phone to an authorized dealer/shop to have the battery checked and replace when needed to ensure that it is in top condition.