Batteries sometimes die, and when they do, it can be challenging to know how to replace them. The Braun Ear Thermometer is a great thermometer used by many individuals, especially doctors, to take their patients' temperature, but we all know that batteries don't last forever. This article will show you how to change out the batteries and which Braun thermometer battery size fits so that you never need to worry of your battery dying again.
Table of Contents
How to change battery in Braun Thermoscan?
Braun Thermoscan ear thermometers are a popular choice for many parents when it comes to taking their child's temperature. These thermometers have been known to be accurate and reliable, but they can't work without batteries! Here's a simple guide to Braun ear thermometer battery replacement.
The location of batteries in thermometers varies from model to model, but for this guide, we will be working with the Braun IRT3520 Ear Thermometer. The batteries in Braun ear thermometer are located on the bottom portion of the device's handle, beneath the display screen and buttons.
Step 1: Find a small pointed object like the tip of a pen or a paper clip to help you open up the battery cover. Insert the tip of a pen or one end of the paper clip to the small hole placed on top of the battery cover and slide down the battery door.
Step 2: Remove the old batteries and replace them with new ones. Be sure to follow the correct polarity markings on the batteries to ensure that you are inserting them correctly. If you are unsure about this, both positive sides of the batteries should be facing up when they are placed in the battery compartment. The thermometer might not work if you insert the batteries incorrectly.
This thermometer uses DL2032 3V Lithium batteries which are easy to find and available for purchase in many stores that sell batteries.
Step 3: Once you have the new batteries in, slide back the battery door and make sure it locks into place. If the door seems to be loose or does not snap back easily, check to make sure that the batteries are installed correctly.
Step 4: Test your thermometer by turning it on and using it as you normally would. If everything seems to work properly, then your Braun ear thermometer is good to use again. The Braun IRT3520 Ear Thermometer should be back in business once you have replaced its batteries.
What are some tips to remember in changing the batteries in a Braun Ear Thermometer?
Taking care of the Braun IRT3520 thermometer is very easy. If you are struggling to change the batteries, there are a few things that you should remember when putting in new ones:
- be sure that you are using the correct battery size for your Braun IRT3520 thermometer.
- check the polarity of your new batteries before installing them in the thermometer to make sure they are facing the right way.
- before inserting the new batteries, check to see if the compartment is free from dirt or corrosion. This way, you can ensure that you are inserting the batteries in a clean environment.
- do not mix new and old batteries as this can damage the thermometer.
- turn off the device before changing out the batteries.
- make sure to dispose of the defective batteries properly. These little coin batteries are hazardous and should not be thrown away just anywhere. Keep these batteries away from small children and pets, as they can be harmful if ingested.
- purchase a spare set of batteries and keep it on hand so that when the first set dies, you will have a replacement ready to go.
- as soon as the first sign of the low battery indicator appears, replace the batteries right away.
What are the signs of a battery low in Braun Ear Thermometer?
A battery icon will appear on the LCD screen, which will indicate that the batteries are getting low. If you see a battery icon surrounded by some flashing lines, then this means that the batteries are too low to read the accurate temperature. If any of these happen, you need to change out the batteries in Braun Ear Thermometer immediately for it to continue to work accurately.
If you see other signs that you are unfamiliar with, you can check out the Braun Ear Thermometer manual or visit the manufacturer's website online for additional information and assistance.
The Braun Ear Thermometer is a great device for anyone with an infant or children at home or individuals in the medical field. It has the ability to read accurate and quick temperature, which makes it perfect for those who are always on the go. However, like many electronic devices, you will eventually need to replace the batteries in this ear thermometer. When this time comes, make sure that you remember these tips so you can do it right!