Are you a proud owner of a Hyundai Veloster? If yes, then you must be aware of the importance of a good battery in your car. After all, it is the battery that provides the necessary power to start the engine and run all the electrical components of your car.
In this article, we will answer some of the most common questions related to the battery of Hyundai Veloster.
What kind of battery does a 2016 Hyundai Veloster use?
The 2016 Hyundai Veloster uses a Group 47 battery, which is a 12-volt battery with a capacity of 60 Ah (Ampere-hour) and a CCA (cold cranking amps) rating of 550. The recommended brand for the battery is Hyundai or any other reputable brand that meets the same specifications.
What battery goes in a 2013 Hyundai Veloster?
The 2013 Hyundai Veloster also uses a Group 47 battery, just like the 2016 model. The battery has the same specifications, i.e., 12-volt, 60 Ah capacity, and 550 CCA rating. You can use the same recommended brands for the battery replacement.
Can you jump start a Hyundai Veloster?
Yes, you can jump start a Hyundai Veloster just like any other car. However, it is essential to follow the correct procedure to avoid any damage to the car’s electrical components.
Here is how you can jump start your Hyundai Veloster:
- Park the donor car next to your Hyundai Veloster and turn off the engine.
- Connect the red (positive) jumper cable to the positive terminal of the donor car’s battery.
- Connect the other end of the red (positive) cable to the positive terminal of the Hyundai Veloster’s battery.
- Connect the black (negative) jumper cable to the negative terminal of the donor car’s battery.
- Connect the other end of the black (negative) cable to an unpainted metal surface of the Hyundai Veloster, away from the battery and the fuel system.
- Start the donor car and let it run for a few minutes.
- Start the Hyundai Veloster.
- Disconnect the jumper cables in the reverse order of connection.
How do you change a battery in a Veloster?
Changing the battery in a Hyundai Veloster is a simple process that you can do yourself with some basic tools.
Here are the steps to change the battery in a Hyundai Veloster:
- Turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the hood and locate the battery.
- Disconnect the negative (black) cable from the battery terminal first, followed by the positive (red) cable.
- Remove the battery hold-down clamp using a wrench.
- Lift the old battery out of the car and place it in a safe place.
- Clean the battery tray and the terminals with a wire brush.
- Place the new battery in the tray and secure it with the hold-down clamp.
- Connect the positive (red) cable to the positive terminal of the battery first, followed by the negative (black) cable.
- Close the hood and start the engine to check if everything is working correctly.
In conclusion, the battery is an essential component of your Hyundai Veloster, and you must ensure that it is in good condition to avoid any inconvenience on the road. Regular maintenance and timely replacement can help you keep your car’s battery in perfect condition.