The 2014 Acura MDX key fob uses a CR2032 battery. This type of battery is commonly found in many electronic devices and is easily available at most hardware stores.
How long does a battery last in a 2014 Acura MDX?
The lifespan of a battery in a 2014 Acura MDX key fob can vary depending on usage. However, on average, a CR2032 battery can last for up to 3 years.
How do I change the battery in my 2014 Acura MDX key fob?
Changing the battery in your 2014 Acura MDX key fob is a simple process. Follow these steps:
- Locate the small indentation on your key fob and use a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry open the cover.
- Remove the old battery and insert the new CR2032 battery with the positive side facing up.
- Close the cover and test the key fob to make sure it’s working properly.
How do you start a 2014 Acura MDX with a dead key fob?
If your 2014 Acura MDX key fob battery is dead, you can still start your car. Follow these steps:
- Locate the small key inside your key fob and remove it.
- Insert the key into the driver’s side door and turn it to unlock the door.
- Once inside the car, locate the push start button on the dashboard.
- Hold the key fob close to the push start button and press the button with the key fob.
What should I do if my key fob still doesn’t work after replacing the battery?
If your key fob still doesn’t work after replacing the battery, there may be a deeper issue with the fob itself. In this case, it’s best to take your key fob to an Acura dealership or qualified mechanic for further diagnosis and repair.
How much does it cost to replace an Acura MDX key fob battery?
Replacing the battery in your Acura MDX key fob is a quick and inexpensive process. You can purchase a CR2032 battery at most hardware stores for around $5 or less.
Can I replace the battery in my Acura MDX key fob myself?
Yes! Changing the battery in your Acura MDX key fob is a simple process that can be done at home. Just make sure to use caution when prying open the key fob cover to avoid damaging the fob.
Changing the battery in your 2014 Acura MDX key fob is a simple process that can save you time and money in the long run. Remember to replace your battery every few years to ensure your key fob is always working properly. If your key fob battery does die, don’t panic – you can still start your car using the small key inside the fob.