The BMW i3 is a famous model of electric vehicle that many people are interested in buying. One of the frequent questions asked when considering this purchase is, "how much does it cost to change the battery?" In order to answer this question, you will need to know the age and condition of your battery and some other factors to consider in your decision. Keep reading to find out more.
Table of Contents
How much does it cost to replace the BMW i3 battery?
The BMW i3 was designed with sustainability in mind. This means that the car is eco-friendly, but it also means that when its battery needs to be replaced, it may not be cheap. The i3 battery replacement cost can depend on a number of factors, including whether you're getting your BMW serviced at an authorized dealer or by a third-party technician and if you are leasing or owning the vehicle outright.
If a battery is still within its manufacturer's warranty period, it should be serviced without charge.
If your battery is out of warranty, there are still ways to get it replaced. The first thing you can do is contact the manufacturer for assistance with their service department and see what they may say about extending or replacing this crucial component if needed.
The i3 battery is a powerful and reliable energy source for your car. If you have the opportunity, I'd recommend getting an original model from BMW because they provide better service than aftermarket batteries that often don't live up just fulfilling their lifespan expectancy but also provide quality charging capabilities with warranties.
How to take care of the i3 battery to prevent early replacement?
There are many ways to take care of the battery when it comes to the BMW i3. The following are some of the easy steps that can be taken in order to keep the life expectancy of the battery at its best:
- Never let your car battery run completely empty or allow an extremely high charge level as this will damage and shorten your battery's lifespan.
- One of the best ways to extend the life of your battery is to avoid DC fast charging. The ideal electricity rates are those that are small and frequent as they help keep wear and tear down with less risk for accelerated aging or damage from high-energy use in one go.
- If you want to preserve the good health of your battery, make sure that it's always at room temperature before charging.
- Don't charge your BMW i3 immediately after driving for a long period of time. It will shorten the lifespan and reduce its ability to hold a charge.
- Taking your BMW i3 for a short drive every day will help keep the battery in top shape. Just don't forget to charge it.
- Park your car in a garage as this will keep the battery cool and retain its capacity.
- Do not leave any charging equipment connected for extended periods of time. This will be hard on your car's battery.
- A battery's life can be cut short by going below 20%, but if you don't use the car for an extended period, then it is best to keep its charge between 30-80%. One reason why this matters most is in regards to how often someone drives their vehicle daily or not at all.
The most crucial point to always remember is that you should be proactive and schedule an appointment with your local BMW dealership or authorized service center for regular checkups at least once a year. By doing this, you'll be able to ensure the battery is in its best condition at all times and avoid any surprises with regard to the overall health of your car.
What is the battery lifespan of the BMW i3 battery?
BMW has a long-standing tradition of making reliable vehicles, and the i3 is no exception. In fact, you can expect the battery to last as long or even longer than its counterpart in any other car, thanks to an impressive lifespan that's been quoted at 15 years.
The BMW i3 offers a life cycle that will make your wallet happy, guaranteeing you'll get at least 70% out of each battery after 8 years or 100k miles. In addition to this guarantee from the manufacturer, their batteries also come equipped with an exceptional warranty.
The BMW i3 is a fantastic hybrid vehicle that is powered by an awesome battery. Replacing the i3 battery is really expensive, but proper car maintenance is the best way to keep your car running for a long time.
If you notice any problems with your i3 battery, you should bring it to a BMW shop and get the battery checked right away. This way, you will know the condition of your battery and whether it is time for a replacement.
BMW i3 owners are delighted with their car, but they expect nothing less because BMW has therefore added an incredibly long warranty on batteries (for any hybrid vehicle). Even though this makes servicing very expensive, it provides peace of mind to drivers.