If you own a Maserati Ghibli, you know that this luxury car requires proper care and maintenance to keep it running smoothly. One essential component that can cause trouble if neglected is the battery. Knowing what type of battery your Ghibli uses, where it’s located, how much a replacement costs, and how to change it can save you time, money, and headaches. In this article, we’ll answer these questions and provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to change your Maserati Ghibli battery.
What kind of battery is in a Maserati Ghibli?
The Maserati Ghibli is equipped with a 12-volt AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) battery. This type of battery is known for its high performance and reliability, making it a popular choice for luxury vehicles like the Ghibli.
How much is a battery for a Maserati Ghibli?
The cost of a replacement battery for a Maserati Ghibli can vary depending on the brand and where you purchase it. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $150 to $300 for a new battery. It’s important to note that installation costs are not included in this estimate.
Where is the battery on a Maserati Ghibli?
The battery on a Maserati Ghibli is located in the trunk of the vehicle, on the right-hand side. It is covered by a plastic shield that can be removed for easy access.
How do I change the battery in my Maserati Ghibli?
Changing the battery in your Maserati Ghibli is a fairly simple process that can be done in a few steps:
- Turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the trunk and locate the battery on the right-hand side.
- Use a 10mm socket wrench to remove the nuts that hold the plastic shield in place.
- Remove the plastic shield and carefully disconnect the negative (-) cable first, followed by the positive (+) cable.
- Use a 13mm socket wrench to remove the bracket that holds the battery in place.
- Carefully lift the battery out of the car and set it aside.
- Install the new battery, making sure it is secured in place with the bracket.
- Reconnect the positive (+) cable first, followed by the negative (-) cable.
- Replace the plastic shield and tighten the nuts with a 10mm socket wrench.
The battery in your Maserati Ghibli is an essential component that requires proper care and maintenance. If you experience any issues with your battery, it’s important to have it checked by a professional to ensure optimal performance and prevent any potential damage to your vehicle. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily replace your battery and get back on the road in no time.