If you’re someone who owns a Quip toothbrush, you know that it’s powered by a replaceable AAA battery, and changing it every three months is recommended. This guide will walk you through the steps of changing the battery.
How to Change the Quip Battery?
If you notice that your Quip toothbrush isn’t working or its battery has died, it’s time to replace the battery. Fortunately, changing the batteries in Quip toothbrushes is easy. Here’s how:
- Locate the two dots at the back of the toothbrush handle.
- Place your thumb on the dots while gripping the handle and your other hand holding the brush head.
- Carefully snap off these two parts away from you to open up the Quip toothbrush. Please note that bending the handle or brush head too far could damage your toothbrush.
- Remove the motor tube from the handle. You may use the tiny notch on the top of the motor tube to pull it out, then flip the handle upside down to slide out the old battery and remove it.
- Get a new AAA battery and put it upright. Turn the Quip over and insert the new battery with the opposing end facing down and the positive side up.
- Return the motor tube by sliding it back into the handle and see if the tiny notches are in the proper place.
- Realign the brush head back into the handle and press until a click sound is heard, ensuring it’s tightly connected.
- Press the “Q” symbol to test if your Quip Toothbrush is working properly.
If your Quip doesn’t work after changing the battery, check if you have inserted the correct battery similar to the type you used. You can also check if the motor tube is placed inside the handle properly. Ensure the brush head doesn’t move while brushing. If the issue persists, take a photo of the brush components and send it with the Quip device’s order number and why it isn’t working to the Quip’s support site.
How to Charge Quip Toothbrush?
The Quip toothbrush can be charged by removing the head and placing it in the travel case. To charge, put the bottom of your brush into your phone jack or USB port for 10-15 seconds.
Is it Worth Purchasing a Quip Toothbrush?
A Quip toothbrush is environmentally-friendly. Its patented modular construction ensures you can replace its head rather than the whole device after many years. Also, it’s inexpensive and long-lasting. You can buy it for around $25 on Amazon.
How to Change a Quip Toothbrush Head?
One way is to flip the head of the toothbrush carefully. Another way is to find the small notch on the bottom of the head and use your fingers or a coin to pry it off. Once you have removed the head, rinse it with water and snap on the new one. Ensure to line up the bristles with the grooves on the toothbrush handle.
Replacing your Quip battery is easy and takes only a few minutes by following the steps mentioned above. To avoid further damage to your Quip toothbrush, replace the battery when you notice it’s not working well. Replacing its battery is affordable, costing you $10 only for one battery pack. Thus, it makes sense always to have a spare set of batteries.