A Career Infinity is a digital thermostat that controls the temperature of a building and has an integrated humidity sensor. The thermostat is designed with a built-in battery to continue operating during a power outage, but a dead battery can cause the thermostat to stop working, leading to an uncomfortable home and expensive repairs. Here’s how to replace the battery in your Infinity thermostat and some tips to extend the life of the battery.
How do I change the battery in my Carrier Infinity thermostat?
The battery in the Infinity thermostat can be replaced by unscrewing the cover on the back of the thermostat and removing the old battery. Insert the new battery into the same position as the old one and replace the cover, ensuring it is screwed in securely. Test the new battery before reinstalling the cover. If the thermostat still doesn’t work after replacing the battery, follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Check to ensure that the battery is properly inserted into the thermostat.
- Make sure that the terminals on the battery are not corroded.
- If corrosion is present on the terminals, try cleaning them with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Avoid getting any alcohol on the circuit board.
- Make sure that the cover on the back of the thermostat is correctly screwed.
- If you still have trouble with your Infinity thermostat, contact Carrier customer service for assistance.
Does my Carrier thermostat need batteries?
Some Carrier Infinity thermostats do not require batteries, while others need a battery for backup purposes, like those thermostats that are non-programmable. AAA batteries are the most common type of battery used for many thermostats and can last anywhere from six months to a year, depending on how often the thermostat is used.
To determine when your batteries need to be replaced, keep an eye on the battery icon that will appear once the batteries have been installed. Check the owner’s manual of your specific Carrier thermostat model to see if it requires batteries or not and what type of batteries it needs.
To keep your thermostat working in good condition, it is best to replace the batteries regularly with the same or recommended type of battery. Choose high-quality and proven batteries such as Panasonic and Energizer when purchasing to ensure they will last longer. Be aware of identical counterfeit ones that are obviously sold at very low prices.
Why is my Carrier Infinity thermostat blank?
There are a few potential reasons why your Carrier Infinity thermostat might be blank. Here are the most common explanations:
- If a battery powers your thermostat, the battery may have died, causing a blank screen on your thermostat. If this is the case, you need to replace the battery. But sometimes, a simple restart of your thermostat can help resolve a blank screen.
- If a hardwired connection powers your thermostat, you may have lost power to this part of your home. Check your circuit breaker panel for any tripped breakers or blown fuses and reset them if necessary.
- Another possibility is a problem with the wiring, in which case you’ll need to call a technician to fix it.
- In rare cases, the thermostat is not properly paired with the HVAC system, so you’ll need to follow the instructions in the thermostat manual to pair it properly.
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact your thermostat’s manufacturer for more support.
Keeping your thermostat in good working order is integral to home maintenance. For thermostats powered by batteries, ensure that you replace the batteries regularly—ideally every six months. If they start to get weak, replace them as soon as possible.
Also, reduce the number of times you adjust the temperature. Every time you change the temperature, your thermostat has to use more energy to recalculate what it needs to do to maintain your desired temperature. Lastly, conserve energy and extend the battery life of your thermostat by properly insulating your home. Otherwise, you’ll likely use more energy to maintain a comfortable temperature.