A Jeep Renegade is a small SUV with a powerful engine, vast storage space for groceries or gear, and a keyless entry system to lock, unlock, and start your car without fumbling around with your keys. Over time, this key wears out. Thus, you need to replace its battery as soon as possible. If you’re looking for ways to change it quickly, continue reading this blog.
What battery does a Jeep Renegade key need?
A CR2032 3v lithium battery powers a Jeep Renegade key fob. You can purchase this battery on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Target. Ensure their battery size and voltage match your specific needs. It is also best to examine their authenticity since there are numerous imitations on the market. You can test if it’s fake by using a voltage meter. Authentic CR2032 batteries should output 3 volts. If the battery outputs less than 3 volts, then it’s probably a counterfeit.
What kind of batteries do Jeep key fobs take?
A Jeep key fob takes a CR2032 3-volt lithium battery, especially if built between 2015 and 2021. But this depends on your Jeep model. If you aren’t sure what jeep renegade key fob battery type uses, here are ways you can do to find it out:
- Open the battery cover on the back of your key fob and look at the battery type it needs.
- Check your owner’s manual for the exact information about your key fob. You may check a copy of it online if you misplaced its hard copy.
- Ask your dealership about the needed battery information of your specific key fob, or seek a mechanic to figure it out.
How do you change a battery in a key fob for a Jeep Renegade?
If you need a jeep renegade key fob battery replacement, the process is pretty simple. Here is a quick guide on changing the battery in your key fob for a Jeep Renegade 2015-2021 model.
1. Flip over your key fob and locate the small hole on the back of the case. This is where you’ll insert your fingernail to release the mechanical key.
2. Right next to the keyhole is a small slot where you can pry open the case using a flathead screwdriver. Be gentle when doing this so as not to break anything.
3. Remove the key fob casing to see the battery compartment and other electronics.
4. Use a small screwdriver to remove the battery from its casing.
5. Insert the new battery; ensure the positive and negative sides match the terminals before pushing it down firmly into the compartment. Be sure to have the right jeep key fob battery size.
6. Replace the case cover with an excellent snap to secure it. Don’t forget to return the mechanical key to its hiding spot.
Knowing how to change battery in jeep renegade key fob will save you time and money by avoiding a trip to the dealership or a call to a locksmith.
How do you start a Jeep Renegade with a dead key fob?
Hold the key fob and place its tip on the push-button start. The system will recognize the key fob and let you start your Jeep. Always bring a spare key fob and extra batteries when leaving your house to avoid disappointment.
It’s normal that your Jeep Renegade battery will eventually run out of power and need to be replaced. Knowing how to change it yourself saves you time, money, and energy. But if you’re unsure or hesitant about doing it, call a locksmith or go to the dealership for further and hassle-free service.