If you are the owner of a Jeep Renegade, then you know that the key fob is an important part of the vehicle. This small piece of plastic and metal allows you to unlock your car and start it without having to fumble around for your keys. Keeping the key fob in good condition is also important, as a malfunction could prevent you from starting your car or getting into it. In this blog post, we will discuss how to change the battery in your Jeep Renegade key fob.
Table of Contents
What battery does a Jeep Renegade key need?
The Jeep Renegade is a small SUV that's perfect for urban drivers. It has great features like:
-A powerful engine that makes it easy to get up to speed in city traffic.
-All-wheel drive for a surefooted grip on the pavement, no matter what the weather.
-Roomy interior with plenty of storage space for groceries or gear.
-Stylish design that sets it apart from other SUVs on the road.
In addition, the Jeep Renegade is equipped with a keyless entry system that uses a key fob. The key fob is a small, handheld device that you use to lock, unlock and start your Jeep Renegade.
The Jeep Renegade key fob is powered by a CR2032 3V lithium battery. There are a number of places you can buy CR2032 batteries. Some popular options include drugstores, convenience stores, and big-box retailers like Walmart or Target. You can also order them online from websites like Amazon or eBay.
When looking for CR2032 batteries, be sure to check the battery size and voltage; not all batteries labeled as CR2032 are actually the same size or have the same voltage. It is also best to check if the battery you are purchasing for your key fob is a genuine battery. There are a lot of imitations on the market, and using an imitation battery in your key fob could damage it. There are a few telltale signs that can help you spot a fake CR2032 battery.
- Take a look at the packaging. If it looks like it was made in a home printer, or if the text is blurry or uneven, then it's likely a fake. Additionally, check to see if the battery has any visible defects, such as dents or scratches.
- If you're still not sure whether or not the battery is authentic, you can try testing it with a voltage meter. Authentic CR2032 batteries should output 3 volts. If the battery outputs less than 3 volts, then it's probably counterfeit.
- You may try using it on a device and see if it works. If it doesn't work, then the battery is likely fake.
Original batteries are made to meet the specific power requirements of key fobs, while imitation batteries may not have the same level of quality or performance. This can lead to decreased battery life and problems with the key fob's ability to properly transmit a signal. So be sure to buy the recommended and genuine CR2032 batteries for your Jeep Renegade key fob.
What kind of batteries do Jeep key fobs take?
Many modern Jeeps have key fobs that take CR2032 batteries, especially Jeep models built between 2015 and 2021. If you are not sure what type of battery your Jeep key fob uses, there are ways to find out.
First option: check your owner's manual for information about your key fob. If you do not have a copy of the manual, check online to see if you can find it there. You may be able to download a digital version or view it online.
Second option: you can ask the dealership where you bought your Jeep if it still has any information about your vehicle fob. They can help you best and assist you with any questions you may have.
And lastly, you may try to open the battery cover on the back of your key fob and take a look at the battery itself. The label on the battery should indicate what type of battery it is. If you choose this option, be sure not to damage your key fob.
How do you change a battery in a key fob for a Jeep Renegade?
It is known that all devices that are powered by batteries will eventually run out of power and need to be replaced. This is true for the Jeep Renegade key fob as well. It is important that you know how to change a battery in your key fob yourself, so when it happens the first time, you can do it on your own without having to call a locksmith or go to the dealership.
Here is a quick guide on how to change the battery in your key fob for a Jeep Renegade 2015-2021 model.
1. Flip over your key fob and locate the small hole on the back of the case. This is where you'll insert your fingernail to release the mechanical key.
2. Right next to the keyhole is a small slot where you can pry open the case by using a flathead screwdriver or something similar. Be gentle when doing this so as not to break anything.
3. Remove the key fob casing to see the battery compartment and other electronics.
4. Use a small screwdriver to remove the battery from its casing. The new battery that you want to insert will go in its place, making sure that the positive and negative sides match up with their respective ones on your key fob before pushing down firmly again onto the compartment.
5. Replace the case cover and give it a good snap to secure it in place. Don't forget to return the mechanical key back to its hiding spot.
For other Jeep models, be sure to check your manuals, but the process is very similar. It may be a bit more difficult to pry open the case if you've never done it before, so use caution and don't force anything that doesn't want to pop open.
How do you start a Jeep Renegade with a dead key fob?
If your key fob battery is dead, you can still start your Jeep Renegade. Hold the key fob and place its tip to the push-button start. The system will recognize the key fob and will let you start your Renegade. To avoid disappointments, always bring a spare key fob and extra batteries when leaving your house.
In conclusion, although it may seem like a hassle, replacing the battery in your key fob on a regular basis is well worth the peace of mind. Not only will you be able to easily and quickly get into your car, but you'll also ensure that your key fob continues to function properly for years to come.