A Joy-Con is a one-handed battery-powered controller that can be used to play games on the Nintendo Switch. It has two buttons, a joystick, and a rechargeable battery, allowing users to enjoy unlimited gaming. However, over the years, its Batterie will eventually wear out. This blog post will teach you tricks to quickly check your Joy-Con controller's battery level and some valuable tips to make it last longer.
How do you check a Joy-Con battery?
Generally, to check the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con battery, hold down the + and - buttons on the top of the controller. The LED light will blink to indicate its battery level.
Here are other detailed steps to check your Joy-Con battery level:
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch.
- From the home screen, select System Settings.
- Select Controllers and Sensors.
- Under Remote Control, you will see the percentage of battery life for your left Joy-Con and right Joy-Con.
How do I know if my Switch controller battery is healthy?
If your Switch controller battery is healthy, it will maintain a certain voltage level. If it drops, it begins to decline in health. Another sign is it lasts for around 20 hours of playtime. If the battery drains more quickly than it did when it was new, then the battery may be starting to wear down and may need to be replaced.
To keep your Switch controllers in good condition, it's essential to charge them regularly. When your Switch controller battery is failing, the following might happen:
- Your controller starts to lag and becomes difficult or impossible to press the buttons.
- The controller suddenly shut off without warning.
- The light on the front of the controller starts flickering.
- The controller makes a strange noise when you use it.
Why is my left Joy-Con always on low battery?
One possibility is that the Joy-Con is not seated correctly in the charging station. Ensure that the contacts on the Joy-Con are lined up with the contacts in the charging station and that the charging grip is connected to an outlet.
Another possibility is that something obstructs or covers the contact points on the Joy-Con. If there's dirt or dust on the contact points, it prevents them from making a good connection with the charging station. Try cleaning the contact points with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol.
How long does Joy-Con battery last?
It depends on how much you use the Joy-Cons. If you're only using them for a short time each day, they could last up to a week. But if you're using them constantly, their Lebensdauer der Batterie lasts only a few hours.
To get the most out of your Joy-Cons, here are a few things you can do to conserve battery power and keep them in good working condition:
1. Ensure they're properly charged before you start using them. Using the included USB charging cable, you can connect the controllers to the Nintendo Switch console.
2. Another thing you can do is turn off the vibration function. To do this, press and hold the + button on the right Joy-Con controller and then select "Turn Off Vibration." You can also turn off the wireless signal by pressing and holding the + button on the left Joy-Con controller and then selecting "Turn Off Wireless."
3. Do not overcharge the controllers. Remove them from the console when fully charged and unplug the USB cable.
4. Avoid using the controllers when they're low on battery or when they are charging.
5. If you're not using them, turn them off by pressing and holding the HOME Button for three seconds until "OFF" appears on the screen.
6. Don't leave them inactive for too long. Use them at least every other day.
7. Use the recommended charger. Using a knock-off charger can damage your Joy-Cons and cause them to stop working.
8. Avoid exposing them to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
9. If the controllers start to feel warm or hot, power them down and give them time to cool off.
10. If you're not using your controllers for an extended time, it's best to charge them fully before storing them.
11. You can also check a Joy-Con battery for physical defects by removing the back cover and looking at the battery. If the battery is swollen or discolored, it needs to be replaced.
12. If you want to test whether a Joy-Con battery is still working, you can try connecting it to the Nintendo Switch console and see if it turns on. If it doesn't turn on, the battery is defective.
Gaming is fun. However, when one of your Joy-Cons unexpectedly turns off due to a low battery, it can swiftly alter your mood. Thus, knowing how to check its battery level helps you not to be surprised when your game suddenly ends. On the other hand, when charging your Joy-Con, it is imperative to follow the tips above to keep it in good condition and gaming performance.