Your FJ Cruiser battery is the lifeblood of your vehicle. Without it, your car won’t start, and you won’t be able to go anywhere. If you need to replace your battery or want to know more about the FJ Cruiser battery, you’re in the right place.
FJ Cruiser Battery Size
The FJ Cruiser takes a Group 27F battery. This is a standard size that you can find at most auto parts stores. It’s important to get the right size battery for your FJ Cruiser to ensure it fits properly and provides enough power to start your car.
How to Put the Battery in an FJ Cruiser
Replacing the battery in your FJ Cruiser is a relatively easy process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn off your car and remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the hood of your car and locate the battery.
- Disconnect the negative terminal first. This is the black cable.
- Disconnect the positive terminal next. This is the red cable.
- Remove the battery hold-down clamp and carefully lift the battery out of the car.
- Install the new battery in the same position as the old one.
- Connect the positive terminal first, then the negative terminal.
- Tighten the clamps and close the hood.
Why Did Toyota Get Rid of the FJ?
Toyota discontinued the FJ Cruiser in 2014 due to declining sales and increasing regulations. The FJ Cruiser was popular with off-road enthusiasts and had a loyal following, but it didn’t sell as well as other SUVs in its class.
What Battery Does a 2010 FJ Key Use?
The 2010 FJ Cruiser key uses a CR2016 battery. This is a small, coin-shaped battery that you can find at most drugstores or electronics stores. To replace the battery in your FJ Cruiser key, use a small screwdriver to pry open the case, remove the old battery, and insert the new one.
Your FJ Cruiser battery is an essential component of your car, and it’s important to keep it in good condition. If you need to replace your battery or have any questions about your FJ Cruiser battery, consult your owner’s manual or a trusted mechanic. With the right battery and proper maintenance, your FJ Cruiser will run smoothly for years to come.