Dropping your phone in water can feel like a nightmare, especially if it has a non-removable battery. However, there are still steps you can take to try and save your phone. Here’s what to do if you find yourself with a water damaged phone with a non-removable battery.
Can Non-Removable Battery Be Repaired?
Unfortunately, if your phone’s non-removable battery is damaged due to water exposure, it cannot be repaired. The battery will need to be replaced entirely.
Can a Phone Be Permanently Damaged by Water?
Yes, a phone can be permanently damaged by water if it is not addressed quickly and properly. Water damage can cause components to corrode and short circuit, leading to irreversible damage.
What to Do If Phone with Non-Removable Battery Gets Wet?
- Turn off your phone – this will help prevent any potential short circuits that could damage your phone further.
- Remove any accessories such as phone cases and SIM cards.
- Wipe down your phone with a dry cloth to remove any excess water.
- Place your phone in a bag of uncooked rice or silica gel packets. These materials can help absorb any remaining moisture.
- Leave your phone in the bag of rice or silica gel packets for at least 24-48 hours.
- After the waiting period, take your phone out of the bag and try turning it on.
If your phone still doesn’t turn on or is malfunctioning, it’s best to take it to a professional to assess the damage.
Will a Phone Dry Out By Itself?
While it’s possible for a phone to dry out by itself, it’s not recommended to wait for it to do so. The longer your phone is exposed to moisture, the higher the chance of permanent damage. It’s best to follow the steps outlined above as soon as possible after your phone has been exposed to water.
In conclusion, while water damage to a phone with a non-removable battery can be frustrating, there are still steps you can take to try and save your device. Remember to act quickly, turn off your phone, remove any accessories, and place it in a bag of rice or silica gel packets. If your phone still isn’t working after these steps, it’s best to take it to a professional for assessment.