Counterfeit products are everywhere. In fact, at first glance, you’d tell it’s genuine due to its name, color, size, and style. You even won’t figure this out unless it turns out to be not functional in a short time and damages your device. One of these products that innocently victimized consumers is Dewalt batteries. This blog will give you valuable insights into the authenticity of your Dewalt batteries by looking deeply at their structure and other external factors.
Are Dewalt batteries made in China?
Initially, Dewalt is a well-known company that makes quality power tools. The company is headquartered in the United States, with offices worldwide. They manufacture batteries and accessories in countries like Mexico, Brazil, Italy, the United Kingdom, and China.
There’s nothing to worry about if Dewalt batteries are made in China or other authorized manufacturing plants as this company has rigorous quality control standards, ensuring its products meet high-quality standards.
Here are some tips to help you determine if your Dewalt battery is authentic or fake:
- Check the packaging. The packaging should be consistent with other genuine Dewalt products. Look for the Dewalt logo and other branding elements. If it’s something distorted or the color doesn’t match the rest of the branding, it’s a fake battery.
- See if there are engravings. Genuine batteries have engravings identifying the battery type, voltage, and other important information.
- Look at the weight. Genuine Dewalt batteries are heavier than fake batteries.
- Check the price. Typically, the Dewalt battery price is hundred dollars depending on the voltage and store you’ll purchase. Fake ones usually are sold at a lower price. That said, check other factors mentioned here that may be counterfeit batteries.
- Check for quality. Genuine Dewalt batteries are made with high-quality materials and construction. Fake batteries likely have loose screws or a flimsy battery cover.
- Check for labels. Genuine Dewalt batteries will have a designated serial number, country of origin, and other important information. Fake batteries often don’t have any tags or labels.
- Test the battery. Genuine Dewalt batteries will hold a charge and perform well. Test the battery by using it in your power tool. If it doesn’t work properly or dies quickly, it’s a fake battery.
If you find out that your Dewalt batteries are fake, here are the things you can do:
- Contact the seller and let them know that you received counterfeit batteries. Ask them for a refund or replacement.
- Report the fake Dewalt batteries to the company. They may be able to help track down the seller and bring them to justice.
One of the best ways to know how to spot fake Dewalt batteries is to always check the Dewalt country of manufacture and its serial number. It will be clearly stated on the front or back of the battery. The Dewalt drill serial number location can be found on the side of the drill, just below the barcode. The model number and type are also listed on this sticker.
How do I claim my Dewalt battery for free?
Visit the Dewalt-authorized store where you purchased genuine batteries. Then provide proof of purchase and the warranty card. After that, they’ll process your claim and send you a new battery if the issue with the battery is within the warranty.
However, if you have a fake Dewalt battery, you can’t get a new one for free. The best thing to do is to stop using it and dispose of it properly. Counterfeit batteries are often made with low-quality materials and may be dangerous.
How do you test a Dewalt battery?
You can test a Dewalt battery by using a voltmeter. A voltmeter measures the battery’s voltage and determines if it’s working properly. Using a Dewalt charger, you could check the battery’s charge levels. If the battery is not charging properly, it might have a problem. Lastly, you can try testing the battery’s durability by putting it through some challenging tasks, such as drilling through hard materials. Monitor if the battery is still holding a charge and performing well after completing heavy tasks.
Can Dewalt batteries be reconditioned?
Batteries have finite numbers of charges they can give. Sometimes, you may find that your Dewalt batteries don’t have the power they used to. If this happens, you can either purchase a new set of batteries or bring the batteries to an authorized or reputable shop for reconditioning if this is allowed by the manufacturer. Ensure that the battery and the cells are not swollen and are in good condition.
If you have accidentally purchased a fake Dewalt battery, it is vital to get rid of it immediately for your safety. If you continue using a fake Dewalt battery, it won’t last as long and may not function well. In addition, it causes battery explosion and fire, so it’s imperative to buy Dewalt products only from authorized dealers to ensure that you’re getting a secure and high-quality product. Know that Dewalt battery problems should not be something you often face. However, it might be a little tricky to fix when you do.