The Mitsubishi Evo 8 is a high-performance car that requires a lot of power to operate. This means that the battery used in the car needs to be of the highest quality and capacity. However, the stock battery location in the Evo 8 is not ideal, and it can often lead to issues related to weight distribution and overheating. This is where the battery relocation kit for Evo 8 comes in – it helps to relocate the battery to a better-suited location in the car to avoid these issues.
What is a battery relocation kit for Evo 8 and why is it needed?
A battery relocation kit for Evo 8 is a set of components that allows you to move the battery from its stock location in the engine bay to a new location in the car. This kit includes a battery box, cables, and hardware needed for the relocation. The kit is needed to improve the car‘s weight distribution and prevent the battery from overheating due to the high temperatures generated in the engine bay.
How to install a battery relocation kit on Evo 8?
Installing a battery relocation kit on your Evo 8 can be a bit challenging and requires some technical knowledge. Here are the steps involved in the installation process:
- Choose a suitable location for the new battery. The location should be away from the engine bay and should be easily accessible.
- Install the battery box in the new location using the hardware provided in the kit.
- Route the battery cables from the new location to the engine bay. Make sure the cables are securely fastened and do not interfere with any moving parts.
- Disconnect the old battery and remove it from the engine bay.
- Connect the new battery to the cables and test the installation.
- Start the car and check for any issues.
What are the benefits of relocating the battery in Evo 8?
There are several benefits to relocating the battery in your Evo 8 using a battery relocation kit. Here are some of them:
- Improved weight distribution: Moving the battery to a new location can help to improve the car’s weight distribution, leading to better handling and improved performance.
- Reduced engine bay heat: The engine bay generates a lot of heat, which can cause the battery to overheat and fail. Relocating the battery away from the engine bay can help to reduce the heat exposure and prolong the battery’s life.
- Increased engine bay space: The battery takes up a lot of space in the engine bay, which can limit the space available for other components. Relocating the battery can help to free up space and make it easier to work on other parts of the car.
Are there any potential issues or drawbacks of using a battery relocation kit on Evo 8?
While relocating the battery in your Evo 8 can provide several benefits, there are also some potential issues and drawbacks to consider. Here are a few:
- Additional weight: The battery relocation kit and the new battery will add weight to the car, which can affect the car’s overall performance.
- Increased complexity: Installing a battery relocation kit can be complex and require technical knowledge. It can also make it more challenging to diagnose and repair any electrical issues in the car.
- Potential safety concerns: Relocating the battery can create new safety concerns, such as the risk of a short circuit or the battery becoming dislodged during high-speed driving.
In conclusion, a battery relocation kit for Evo 8 is an excellent way to improve the car’s weight distribution, reduce engine bay heat, and increase engine bay space. However, it’s essential to weigh the benefits against the potential issues and drawbacks before making the decision to relocate the battery. If you’re unsure about how to install a battery relocation kit, it’s best to seek the help of a qualified mechanic or automotive electrician.