Batteries are essential to the functionality of your ION Audio speaker. They are what allow you to enjoy hours of uninterrupted music, podcasts, or even just a relaxing soundscape without having to worry about finding a power outlet. Unfortunately, they don't last forever and will eventually need to be replaced. We'll walk you through how to replace the battery on your ION Audio speaker step-by-step so that it's easy.
Table of Contents
How to Replace the Battery on Your ION Audio Speaker?
ION audio speaker battery replacement is essential for ensuring that your device works properly for as long as possible.
Don't wait until your ION Audio speaker's batteries are dead before replacing them; instead, keep an extra set on hand so that you can quickly swap out. Follow these steps to see how easy it can be.
1) Begin by turning off the power to the unit by pressing and holding down the power button for 3 seconds or more.
2) Remove screws that hold the backplate in place with a Phillips head screwdriver.
3) Carefully pull out the battery pack and disconnect the black and red battery terminals.
4) Replace the new battery pack with the same size and type of battery as the original ones were before reinstalling them into housing. If you are unsure about the type of battery to use, please get in touch with ION's customer service team for more information.
5) Make sure that the cables or wires are appropriately connected and carefully insert the battery pack in its compartment. Return the cover and tighten the screws.
Turn on your speaker again and test if everything is working properly. If not, contact customer service for further assistance with troubleshooting.
How do I know if my battery needs to be replaced?
Over time the battery will slowly lose its strength. You can tell if your speaker needs a new battery when it doesn't sound as loud, or the quality of the music starts to fade.
Some signs that it might be time to bring your battery into an ION Audio store for a replacement are if it is over three years old, has never been recharged, looks bloated, or feels uncool to the touch.
If your ION speaker is starting to sound distorted, or if it's buzzing when you turn up the bass (that screeching fuzzy sound)... then chances are good that the batteries need replacing.
Often, these speakers will still crank out some decent sound with an ailing battery - but as they age and start dying, they'll lose their resilience and can't bounce back from a smaller issue. So before things go south completely on your ION speakers, replace the battery to make sure you get the most out of your speakers and keep them sounding their best.
Why should I care about my ION Audio speaker's battery?
You should care about the battery because it controls how long your ION Audio speaker will play, and so you may never turn it off. The battery that powers your ION speaker is an integral part of the device. It provides several hours of playback time on a single charge, but eventually, it will need to replace.
There are two different types of batteries used in the ION speakers: nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) and lithium-ion polymer (LiPo).
The biggest difference between these two batteries is that LiPo's are more expensive to produce and they have a shorter lifespan. For this reason alone it makes sense to opt for NiMH if your speaker supports both types of batteries.
How to get the longest life out of your speaker battery?
Knowing how long your battery should last can help you take extra steps to keep it going longer. There are different things that you can do to get the longest life out of your speaker battery:
- Get an AC power adapter and plug the speaker into it when you're not using it so that it's always charging.
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your phone when you're not streaming music to the speaker. This will prevent your phone from draining your phone's battery.
- If you notice that your battery is draining rapidly, try updating the speaker's software to make sure it has the latest version.
- You can use your speaker for hours on end without having to worry about battery life. Just make sure you leave it plugged in when not using so that the power lasts longer.
- Fully charge your speaker battery before using it so you can enjoy a full, clear sound.
- Be sure to charge your speaker's battery after each use. Incorporating a full charge into the device will keep it running optimally and help eliminate any issues before they arise!
A speaker is only as good as the battery that powers it. If you're stuck with one for an extended period of time, try not to drain all the battery power since this will make them less effective when needed most.
It is important to replace the battery on your speaker, and it's even more important that you get the longest life possible out of them. Make sure they're charged before using. If you've been listening all day and need a quick charge, plug in for 30 minutes and then unplug when done charging. This will give enough power to last an hour or two depending on how much they were used.
Store them with at least 50% charge if not plugged in so that they don't lose their energy while stored away during winter months or other times when they aren't being used regularly.
We hope you've enjoyed reading this blog post about how to replace the battery on your ION Audio speaker.