The Roomba 600 Series is famous and a popular robotic vacuum on the market. It has all the features that a modern consumer would want, and it does a great job of cleaning your floors. In this blog post, we will detail out how to replace the battery in a Roomba 600 Series. If you have been using your Roomba for a while now and it has stopped working as well as before, then the chances are that the battery is going bad. If this sounds like something you may need help with, then read on below.
Table of Contents
How to replace the battery in a Roomba 600 Series?
We all know that the battery is one of the most important parts to make sure your Roomba 600 Series is running at its best. But what if you notice something doesn't seem right? If you are experiencing anything from erratic behavior, not picking up dirt, or a decrease in power, it may be time for a new battery. Luckily replacing the old with a new model isn't too hard and we've put together some tips on how to get started.
1) Turn off your Roomba before removing the old battery pack.
2) Flip over the Roomba carefully and locate the spinning side brush. Remove the spinning side brush with the use of a screwdriver.
3) Loosen all 4 screws that hold the cover of your Roomba in place. Be sure to keep the screws in a safe place, as you will need these later on. After loosening the screws, remove the Roomba case carefully.
When you remove the cover of your Roomba, make sure to pay attention and not disconnect anything else, such as wires or screws that could fall into the inside of the device.
4) Remove the old battery pack by pulling out the two tabs on both ends.
5) Slide in the new battery pack and be sure to drop it in place.
6) Reattach the Roomba cover back and return all four screws. Be sure to tighten the screws carefully.
6) Return the spinning side brush as well and tighten its screw in place.
You have successfully completed the replacement of your battery pack and can enjoy a longer run time with your Roomba 600 Series.
What battery does a Roomba 600 Series use?
The Roomba 600 Series is powered by a single set of 12 NiMH batteries linked in series. This battery pack can run the Roomba for up to 2 hours with an estimated lifespan of 400 charges.
Depending on how often you use the iRobot Roomba 600 Series and how the battery is taken care of, you may have to replace it sooner than that. Your Roomba may need a replacement battery if you notice that it:
- keeps getting lost around the house.
- is constantly failing to return back home for charging.
- has stopped reporting its schedule and just does what it wants, whether or not this fits your needs at the time.
- has not seemed to improve performance even after resetting the unit.
- has reached its end of life.
How to maximize the battery of a Roomba 600 Series?
There are some easy steps to maximize the battery life of your Roomba 600 Series.
1. Roomba is a robotic vacuum that automatically cleans your house. However, over time the brushes get dirty and slow down the robot's ability to clean, which drains its battery life. It is, therefore, more preferable to clean your Roomba at least once a week, as well as replacing and cleaning its brushes.
2. To ensure your battery's capacity lasts as long as possible, it is critical that you drain the vacuum every once in a while. To do this, run until the battery dies and then charge up to full again (if you are using rechargeable batteries). Repeat for best results.
3. To keep your iRobot Roomba battery in tip-top shape, you should store it somewhere cool and dry. The unit shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight or other heat-producing appliances that may damage the battery life of the device. Give your robot plenty of breathing room away from them too.
4. Vacation mode is a useful way to keep your Roomba battery in good condition when you won't be using it for a long time, like over the course of one month.
The Roomba 600 Series is a great option for vacuum cleaning your home. It has many benefits, such as removing pet hair, dirt, and dust from the floor. The smart design of this device requires less maintenance to operate at its best performance level.
Like, many other devices, the battery of the Roomba 600 Series has a limited lifespan. However, this can easily be fixed by changing the battery with one that is new and works like the original. Replacing the battery of your device will allow it to continue operating at its best performance level for many years to come!