When it comes to protecting your valuable electronics from power surges and outages, a good surge protector is essential. But not all surge protectors are created equal – some offer just basic protection, while others feature extra features like built-in battery backups for even greater peace of mind. However, finding the best surge protector with battery backup for your needs can be a challenge, as there are many different models and features to choose from.
Keep your electronics safe from power fluctuations with Tripp Lite's 700VA UPS Battery Backup Surge Protector. This device protects your equipment against blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, and surges, while the easy-to-read LCD touchscreen shows valuable voltage, load, and battery data. It also comes with a 2-year limited warranty and free tech support.
Table of Contents
What is the best surge protector with battery backup?
A surge protector is a device that helps to protect your electrical devices from damage caused by power surges. A power surge is a sudden increase in the voltage of the electricity flowing through the wires, and it can cause damage to your TV, computer, or other electronic equipment.
A surge protector has a series of metal oxide varistors (MOVs) that redirect the excess voltage away from your devices and into the ground. A battery backup surge protector (BBSP) also has a battery that provides power to your devices in the event of a power outage. This can be especially helpful if you live in an area where power outages are common.
BBSPs typically have a higher price tag than traditional surge protectors, but they offer an additional layer of protection for your valuable electronics.
To help you find the best surge protector with battery backup for your needs, here are some of the top-rated options on the market. Whether you're looking for a basic model or something with extra features, one of these surge protectors is sure to meet your needs.
1. Tripp Lite 700VA UPS Battery Backup Surge Protector
- Keep your devices safe from power fluctuations with Tripp Lite's 700VA UPS Battery Backup Surge Protector.
- This device protects your equipment against blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, surges, and other electrical abnormalities.
- The easy-to-read LCD touchscreen provides valuable voltage, load, and battery data.
- Plus, the UPS is supported by a 2-year limited warranty and tech support.
- Finally, the UPS can power heavier gadgets than most other models on the market.
2. Liebert 850VA Battery Backup Surge Protector
- The Liebert 850VA 8-outlet battery backup surge protector is a perfect choice for your home or business.
- It comes with eight outlets and one USB charging port, which makes it ideal for high-powered devices such as computers, printers, fax machines, and scanners.
- The LCD screen displays the status of the unit, making it easy to monitor.
- It also comes with a 3-year warranty.
Liebert 850VA Battery Backup Surge Protector is best for your home and office devices. The Liebert 850VA Battery Backup Surge Protector comes with 8 outlets, 1 USB charging as well. It features LCD screen to monitor status and suitable for high-powered gadgets. With 3-year warranty, this product is perfect choice to protect your home and office devices from power surges.
3. APC UPS Battery Backup Surge Protector
- APC’s Smart-UPS is the most advanced and highest capacity uninterruptible power supply (UPS) available.
- The UPS provides backup power for servers, networking equipment, workstations, PCs, and other electronics in home offices or small business environments.
- It also offers the highest level of protection against dangerous voltage fluctuations and interruptions.
- In addition to protecting your equipment from harmful surges and spikes, it gives you the peace of mind that comes from knowing you can safely shut down your equipment at any time without damaging it or losing important information.
This APC UPS Backup Power Supply is perfect for anyone looking for a small, easy-to-use power supply with surge protection. It has a 425VA / 225W battery backup and comes with 6 outlets (4 with UPS battery backup and surge protection, 2 with surge protection only). It's also very inexpensive, with a 3-year warranty.
4. CyberPower EC450G Ecologic Battery Backup & Surge Protector
- CyberPower's EC450G Ecologic battery backup and a surge protector at the same time is perfect for people who have little space and need a device that can do it all.
- This compact design can work as a battery backup and as a surge protector and features an automatic turn-off function to save energy.
- Plus, it comes with a 3-year warranty.
This CyberPower battery backup and surge protector is perfect for people with little space. It's compact design makes it easy to store, and it also works as a surge protector. The automatic turn off feature keeps your devices safe, and the 3 year warranty guarantees that you're covered if something goes wrong.
5. APC UPS Battery Back Up (BR1500G)
- APC UPS Battery Backup (BR1500G) is a high-performance, uninterruptible power supply unit that protects your electronic devices from the effects of unexpected power outages.
- The BR1500G provides battery backup for high-performance computer systems, networks, external storage devices, and other electronics.
- It features an LCD display that shows real-time status information and allows you to monitor system load levels.
- It also includes ten outlets to provide protection for multiple devices at once.
Keep your devices powered up and protected with the APC UPS Battery Backup (BR1500G). This unit has a 1500 VA rating and comes with ten outlets to power different gadgets. The battery backup also features Surge protection, ensuring your electronics are safe during a power outage. Plus, the BR1500G comes with a 3 year warranty, guaranteeing you quality performance for years to come.
6. APC UPS 1000VA Sine Wave UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector
- This APC UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector is designed to protect your high-end electronics from damage caused by power surges and spikes.
- It also features Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), which maintains a consistent voltage level, ensuring that your equipment stays powered up during fluctuations in the grid power.
- The 10 outlets provide plenty of space to plug in all of your devices, and the included battery backup will keep them running during a power outage.
The APC UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector with 10 Outlets is designed for high-end electronics, providing backup and surge protection as well as Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR). This unit is perfect for your computer and other electronic devices.
7. APC UPS 1500VA Battery Backup and Surge Protector
- APC, the leader in power protection solutions for home, business, and industry, has been a trusted name in quality products since 1990. They offer a variety of uninterruptible power supplies that protect your valuable equipment from harmful power disturbances.
- APC UPS also provides surge protection for PCs, workstations, networks, peripherals, and more. With over 20 years of experience, you can count on APC to provide world-class service and support when you need it most.
APC UPS 1500VA Battery Backup and Surge Protector is a versatile device, it can be used as battery backup or surge protector. It has two USB ports for charging mobile phones and other gadgets quickly. With a sine wave UPS, power outages will not be an issue. The LCD shows the status of the battery backup in percentage.
8. Tripp Lite 650VA UPS Battery Backup
- Tripp Lite's 650VA UPS Battery Backup is a compact, energy-saving device that provides and protects your connected equipment from power problems.
- The battery backup offers an LCD screen to provide real-time information on the status of the unit, such as power line condition, battery capacity, and load level.
- This Tripp Lite UPS also features four surge-only outlets for added protection against surges and spikes.
- The ECO feature turns off three outlets when there is no computer in use to help save money on utility bills.
This Tripp Lite 650VA UPS Battery Backup provides battery backup power and surge protection for your connected equipment. It features four battery-supported outlets and four surge-only outlets that protect your computer, monitor, modem and other devices without draining the battery. The ECO option turns off three of the five outlets when not in use to save energy.
9. Amazon Basics Standby UPS 600VA 360W Surge Protector Battery Power Backup
- This Amazon Basics UPS battery backup is perfect for desktop computers, home networks, IoT devices, and home-entertainment devices.
- This UPS has a 600VA / 360W battery backup and comes with power management software.
- There are 8 total outlets with a 5-foot cord with a NEMA 5-15P right angle and 45-degree offset plug and a small compact size that makes it easy to store.
The AmazonBasics Standby UPS Battery Backup is a compact, affordable and reliable way to protect your home office devices from power outages. It comes with eight outlets, which are enough for most users. With 600 VA rating that is more than enough for the smaller devices. You can power desktop computers as well. The unit offers protection against surges and spikes, making it ideal for protecting laptops, desktops, printers and other sensitive electronics at all times.
10. APC UPS 1000VA UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector
- The APC Back-UPS 1000VA UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector is an essential part of any home or office network. It will help you protect your devices from sudden power outages, surges, and spikes that travel through the electrical wires.
- The unit is compact in size, which makes it easy to carry around if needed.
This APC UPS 1000VA UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector is a great choice for those who are looking for a reliable option. It has an automatic voltage regulation that prevents you from having to worry about your electronic goods' power supply being damaged. It will also instantly correct low/high voltage fluctuations without discharging the battery.
What is the difference between a surge protector and a battery backup?
The difference between a surge protector and a battery backup is a surge protector protects your electronics from voltage spikes by diverting the excess electricity into the ground. A battery backup, also known as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), provides short-term power to your electronics in the event of a power outage. While both devices serve important functions, a UPS is typically used in conjunction with a surge protector to provide the most comprehensive protection for your electronics.
How long does a surge protector battery last?
A general estimate is 3-5 years. However, this number can vary depending on the size of the battery, which brand you choose, and how often it’s used. If you only use it occasionally, the battery could last much longer. When the battery starts to die, you’ll usually notice that the protected appliances don’t work as efficiently or that the surge protector constantly needs to be reset. If this is happening, it’s time to get a new one.
Can you plug a battery backup into a battery backup?
It's actually quite dangerous to do so. A battery backup, also known as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), is designed to provide emergency power to a device in the event of a power outage. However, if you were to plug a battery backup into another battery backup, there would be no way for the UPS to regulate the flow of electricity, which could cause a fire or other damage. So, while it may be tempting to use one UPS to extend the run time of another UPS, it's not worth the risk.
How long will a 1500VA UPS last?
Assuming you are using the 1500VA UPS for a computer, the typical backup time for a 1500VA UPS is about 30-60 minutes. However, this depends on several factors, such as the battery capacity, the number of devices connected to the UPS, and the power draw of each device. For example, if you have a powerful gaming computer and several peripherals plugged into the UPS, it will likely drain the battery quicker than if you just had a basic desktop computer with no extra devices. Generally speaking, though, you can expect a 1500VA UPS to last for at least half an hour in most situations.
Are battery backups worth it?
Battery backups are definitely worth it, especially if you have important files that you don't want to lose in a power outage.
They can also be helpful if you frequently use equipment that requires a lot of power, such as a computer or a printer. A battery backup will help to ensure that you always have access to power, even during a blackout.
Finding the best surge protector with battery backup is important to keep your devices safe from power surges. Surges can come from many sources, including lightning strikes, downed power lines, and faulty wiring. A surge protector with battery backup will help to protect your devices from damage by absorbing the excess energy from the surge and redirecting it away from your devices. We hope that this guide helps you find the surge protector that will work best for your home or office.